Main Navigation
Wilson & Parlett
En EspaƱol

Reporting an OSHA violation in the workplace

When companies in Maryland recognize a hazard that could affect the safety and well-being of their employees, they have the responsibility of immediately working to prevent the hazard from turning into a danger. Often, this process requires them to investigate and analyze the environment or process that is under question and then develop protocols that can be implemented to provide protection and eliminate the danger. 

However, there are undoubtedly times when some employers are neglectful in making the necessary changes to keep their workers safe. As such, the hazard remains and depending on the severity of the risks that their workers are facing, the company could be violating an OSHA standard. According to Career Trend, employees who are concerned about a safety issue in the workplace should first notify a superior who may have an influence on making a change. If efforts to correct the problem are in vain, employees have the right to report the violation to OSHA by their own merit. 

This process can be done in one of three ways according to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. People can fill out a form and mail it to their local OSHA office or fax it in. Another option is to complete an online form with the same information. Employees also have the option of calling their local OSHA office to speak with someone about their concerns and what has or has not been done thus far to correct the issue. Because OSHA only responds to complaints that have occurred in a six-month window, concerned employees should be prompt about submitting their concern as soon as they recognize a danger.  

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

How Can We Help You?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Office Locations

Upper Marlboro Office
14513 Main Street
Upper Marlboro, MD 20772

Toll Free: 877-727-5388
Phone: 301-358-5997
Fax: 301-952-9117
Upper Marlboro Law Office Map

College Park Office
7309 Baltimore Avenue
Suite 115
College Park, MD 20740

Phone: 301-952-8205
Map & Directions

Prince Frederick Office
85 Sherry Lane
Prince Frederick, MD 20678

Phone: 410-535-5333
Map & Directions

Leonardtown Office
22835 Washington Street
Leonardtown, MD 20650

Phone: 301-475-3232
Map & Directions

Waldorf Office
3165 Crain Highway
Waldorf, MD 20603

Phone: 301-843-4004
Waldorf Law Office Map

Annapolis Office
8 Loudon Lane
Annapolis, MD 21401

Phone: 410-263-0606
Map & Directions

Review Us